Industrial Robotics & Manufacturing Technology Co-Op
Federation for Advanced Manufacturing Education (FAME) is a nationally recognized Co-Op program where you learn how to apply your knowledge of electrical, mechanical, and computer systems to solve technical problems and maintain automated equipment.
This training opportunity is ideal for anyone looking for a high-tech, hands-on career. With the FAME program, you can dive into a challenging career as a multi-craft technician while receiving the education and experiences needed to build your resume and make you very highly marketable to manufacturers of almost any product. Further, it puts you into a nationally unique program, in which you can continue to grow if you desire to continue your education.
As a particpant of the FAME program, you will engage in hands-on training and education to develop you for a successful career, including:
- Mastering highly sought after skills like robotics, electricity, fluid power, mechanics, fabrication (welding and machining), industrial troubleshooting and more
- Manufacturing Core Exercises will prepare you to contribute to a safe and highly efficient, cost effective workplace. These include Saftey Culture, Visual Workplace Organization, Lean Manufacturing, Problem Solving and Machine Reliability
- Six Professional Behaviors including Work Attendance, Initiative, Diligence, Interpersonal Relations, Teamwork, and Communication (Written & Verbal) will provide you with a critical skills and capability to be successful in your manufacturing career
- Complete the Placement Test
- FAME applicants must meet the admissions requirements for the Mechatronics Technology Associates Degree.
- For more information visit:
- Visit to apply
- Select “Mechatronics Technology” as Program of Study for the Midlands FAME process
- Complete the Midlands FAME application
- Deadline to apply for the July 2020 cohort is March 31, 2020
- Submit your Academic Transcripts
- Submit your official high school or GED transcript to MTC’s Records Office.
- High school transcripts must have the date of graduation posted on them & must be official. No faxed copies.
- Your transcripts should be mailed to: Midlands Technical College, Attention: Admissions, P.O. Box 2408, Columbia, SC 29202
- Complete you FAFSA
- Visit fasfa.gov to apply
- For more information visit:
- MTC’s school code is: 003993
- Set your Calendar
- Deadline to apply: March 31, 2020 – The application process will close once the class is full, likely prior to the deadline.
- Interviews for early applicants will start in December 2019.
- Top qualified students will be invited to interview with the Sponsoring Employee Panel. Selections will be made following the interview process.
- ‘Like’ Midlands FAME on Facebook to stay up to date in the newest information: @MidlandsFAME
More about Federation for Advanced Manufacturing Education
Federation for Advanced Manufacturing Education (FAME) is a nationally recognized Co-Op program where you learn how to apply your knowledge of electrical, mechanical, and computer systems to solve technical problems and maintain automated equipment. The program provides you a pathway to earn an industry recognized Associates degree while gaining valuable experience at a local manufacturer. In five semesters, graduates of the program earn an Associate’s Degree, multiple certifications, and log approximately 1,800 paid on-the-job training hours at a sponsoring company. If selected, you will participate in the program’s 40-hour per week training program where you attend college two days a week, and work three days a week (at least 24 hours) at a sponsoring company. For more information on FAME visit: www.FAME-USA.com