Skilled Commercial Construction Mechanic
The Skilled Mechanic shall provide skills to perform tasks that are customary on commercial construction projects
The Skilled Mechanic shall provide skills to perform tasks that are customary on commercial construction projects. They shall be directed by a Lead Mechanic or Superintendent. Employee must project a professional image in-person and protect the image and reputation of the company at all times.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform skilled labor for all aspects of company in-house trades, such as acoustical ceilings, drywall hanging and finishing, metal stud installation, framing, and painting.
- Be skilled in the use of many hand and power tools.
- Be capable of operating scissor lift.
- Assist in misc. other construction trades as shown by Superintendent.
- Work after-hours and weekends when requested.
- Protect the image and reputation of F & S
- Wear Proper Personal Protective Equipment
- Other duties as assigned
- Employee will work under typical commercial construction environments.
- Noise level ranges from quiet to loud.
- Employee will work near or be exposed to chemical fumes, dust, and paints
- Exposed to outdoor weather conditions
Education, Required Skills and Certifications
- High school diploma or GED
- Read, speak, and write in proper English
- Proficiency in hanging/finishing drywall, layout, acoustical ceiling installation, and painting
- Ability to follow instructions
- Ability to work well either alone or as part of the team
- Valid driver’s license
- Sufficient mobility and strength to move about
- Frequently lift up to 50 pounds
- Occasionally lift up to 100 pounds
- Be able and willing to work at considerable heights
- Walking (move about on foot to accomplish tasks)
- Reaching (extending hands and arms)
- Repetitive motions (sustained movements of the wrists, hands, fingers)
- Talk and hear (in person and telephone)
- Good vision (corrective lenses acceptable)
Dress Code & Hygiene
- Long pants (no excessive holes), Company shirt or sweatshirt, and work boots.
- shorts, sweatpants, tank tops are not acceptable
- Tennis shoes are not acceptable
- Hair must be clean, well groomed and worn in a professional style (flamboyant colors not acceptable)
- No offensive tattoos (must be covered)
- No tongue, ear gauges, or nose rings worn during business hours or when representing the company
Regular Work Schedule
- Full time,(40 hours/week)
- Half hour unpaid lunch daily with 2-15 minute breaks
- Weekends or nights as requested or needed
More about F & S Building Innovations
F & S has many years of company and combined experience and is now offering Construction Education and Apprenticeship Programs.
Founded in the 70's, F&S's care of its clients has positioned it at the forefront of Commercial and Residential Renovations in the Roanoke Valley and surrounding areas. F&S Building currently has 50+ valued employees and a close network of highly-vetted experienced specialty contractors that have made F&S the Experts, no matter what type of project is on the table. F&S ranked in the top 500 in Qualified Remodeler's Top 500 for over 2 decades.
F&S Building Innovations' strong Commercial Division has a heavy presence in the healthcare and large commercial arena. With ongoing contracts with major grocery store chains, convenience store chains, local universities and hospital renovations, the Commercial Team has been improving life in the Valley for over 25 years.
The Residential Division is one of the area's leaders in custom renovations ranging from a simple new deck to full home revitalization of kitchens, baths and additions. F&S introduced the Valley to Four Seasons Sunrooms in the late 80's after having focused mainly on custom built homes previously. Since that time, the Residential Division has grown to be the premier Expert in the area for all renovation needs.
F&S specializes in cold-formed/ light gauge steel design, engineering and total system supply focusing on energy efficient building systems. The F&S team has over 40 years combined experience in the steel industry ranging from large custom residences to multi-family condominiums and apartments.
F&S's Design team can produce full AutoCad design drawings and renderings which complement the interior decorating services provided by the Certified Interior Decorator on staff.