Appliance Repair Apprentice
Mr Appliance - Earn & Learn a great skill
Mr Appliance is hiring an Apprentice!
We call it “Earn & Learn” in a very high demand industry.
We at Mr. Appliance® of Edina is looking for an Appliance Repair Apprentice to join our team. As an international appliance repair franchise network with over 250 locations, we frequently have appliance repair job openings for technician apprentices. Our franchise offers competitive compensation packages, complete free training program, and fast track advancement. We live our code of values of Respect, Integrity, and Customer Focus while having fun in the process!
As an Appliance Repair Technician Apprentice, you will become a key member of our team responsible for the quality and efficient installation, maintenance, and repair of appliances in customer homes. You will be trained on-line thru the Mr. Appliance Academy at no cost to you. You will get on-the-job training with an experienced technician. You will be earning while you are learning.
Appliances today are not like your grandmothers appliances. They are very high tech with built in WIFI, some requiring a computer to diagnose problems, and some can even communicate with Smart Home Technology and other appliances.
This position is right for you if you are self-motivated, and have a knack for troubleshooting. An understanding of electricity (AC/DC fundamentals) with a knowledge of using Muti-Meters and troubleshooting equipment would be a plus, but not required to qualify for this position.
You will learn an in-demand trade at no cost to you, get real experience in the field with an experienced technician, and prepare yourself for a well-paying career. It is not uncommon for a skilled, educated technician to earn $50,000 and more per year.
Successful completion of the Mr. Academy On-line Training will earn you the Mr. Appliance Master Technician Certification.
- Learn how to install home appliances/equipment
- Learn how to accurately diagnose and repair appliances/equipment in the customer's home
- Learn how to provide cost estimates for repairs/installations and collect payment and/or payment information from customers for work performed
- Learn how to ensure the efficient use of materials and keep the company vehicle and equipment properly serviced
- Learn how to complete invoices, daily route sheets, and weekly reports as required
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Valid Driver's License with clean record
- Must be able to pass a criminal background and drug test.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Proficiency to navigate tablet based technology
- The ability to safely lift up to 50 pounds on a repetitive basis, and up to 100 pounds on an occasional basis without assistance and the physical ability to perform strenuous work under varied circumstances
- Flexible and variable hours (no weekends)
- Must live in the Hennepin County Area
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and / or move up to 50 pounds.
Benefits: Paid vacation, paid holidays, company paid benefits, company paid STD & LTD insurance, company paid life insurance, company paid Dental insurance (employee only) company van provided, cell phone and IPad provide, company provides your uniform, and company paid training and education.
We are actively interviewing for this position and will bring on to our team the best qualified applicant. - Apply today and our hiring manager will follow up!
On CallEmail us about this opportunity Call us about this opportunity
More about MR APPLIANCE OF W HENNEPIN & E CARVER COUNTIES
Mr. Appliance is North America's leading home and commercial appliance repair franchise system. Established in 1996, our franchises provide full-service home appliance repair and light commercial appliance repair services. We have more than 290 locations throughout the United States and Canada and are consistently ranked among the top home service franchises by Entrepreneur magazine and other industry experts.