Service Technician - Shop
Summary of Primary Functions:
This position is responsible for repairing and maintaining electric, diesel and gasoline industrial, construction and forestry equipment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: May include some or all of the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Reads job order and observes and listens to equipment in operation to determine malfunction and plans work procedures.
- Installs fuel injection nozzles and pumps, changes or recharges batteries, and replaces transmissions, hydraulic systems and component parts.
- Lubricates moving parts and drives repaired equipment to verify conformance to specifications.
- Fabricates special lifting or towing attachments, hydraulic systems, shields, or other devices according to blueprints or schematic drawings.
- Removes, replaces, and repairs tires, undercarriages, and earth moving and timber harvesting attachments.
- Enters a legible description of work performed onto the work orders.
- Maintains and cares for the shop tools and equipment.
- Maintains a clean work area and performs miscellaneous housekeeping duties associated with the job.
- Insures work is performed safely and safe work procedures are followed throughout the department.
- Reads schematics denoting operating specifications for unit or component and type of evaluation required.
- Continues to work on revenue producing work as needed
- Tests unit for conformance with operating requirements such as specified horsepower and lifting performance.
- Helps ensure that our new and used whole goods are in good working conditions
- Examines protective guards, loose bolts, and specified safety devices on equipment and makes adjustments when necessary
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education, Skill, and/or Experience Requirements:
Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; plus a minimum of 3 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.Call us about this opportunity
More about Dobbs Equipment (John Deere)
Dobbs Equipment is your authorized full-service John Deere equipment dealership in central and south Florida.
We work to serve the needs of customers in the residential, commercial construction, site development, underground and aggregate & mining industries.
Our goal is to support our customers from end to end in the markets we serve. Our services include the sales of new and used equipment, parts, service and rental. Our 8 locations are strategically located to provide world class support to our customers throughout our territory. Our administrative headquarters and one of our branches are in Riverview, FL (greater Tampa area). We also call these locations home: Lutz (north Tampa), Orlando, Sarasota, Fort Myers, Miami, Pompano Beach and West Palm Beach.