Laminator / Material Handler
Join Stone Systems (www.stone-systems.com) the largest network of commonly owned stone fabrication shops in the North America.
Why you should consider this opportunity?
Would you like to be part of a world's leading producer of building materials that inspire architectural and decorative solutions? Are you passionate about distribution of products that inspire the life of many people?
Stone Systems (www.stone-systems.com) is the largest network of commonly owned stone fabrication shops in the North America. Currently, there are 12 Stone Systems shops, including one in Providence, RI. The company is part of the Cosentino group (www.cosentino.com), a dependable and reliable stone surface manufacturer with over 70 years of experience in the natural stone industry. In addition to having the largest production capacity of any manufacturer of quartz and other surfacing products, Cosentino also has a worldwide distribution network.
You will join a company:
- With an international mindset and presence in 80+ countries
- With an amazing growth story, sustained by an extraordinary innovation with products such as Silestone®, Dekton® and Sensa by Cosentino®
- In which you will be able to grow your career and develop your leadership skills
What will you be doing?
The Laminator/Material Handler is responsible for receiving the delivered material, offloading the material, and making sure the slabs are labeled and the pieces are in good condition. This position is also responsible for pulling the material needed based on the daily cut schedule.
- Assist with following daily cut schedules, pulling materials for the operators, keeping track of the scraps and inventory, ensuring pieces are in good condition before delivering to the Machine Operators, and inputting material information into a tracker for the fabrication shop
- Assist in preparing merchandise for loading and unloading trucks and containers
- Maintain an organized stock and keep track of material in the system
- Responsible for wearing all personal protective equipment (safety glasses, ear plugs, waterproof gear, face mask, etc.)
- Ensure that safety procedures are followed and that materials are properly stored
- Work in a collaborative environment by helping coworkers in other stations if needed
- Other duties as assigned
What we're looking for?
- +3 years of experience with forklift and crane
- Experience working in the stone industry or construction
- SAP experience
- High School / GED
- Basic computer knowledges
- Knowledge of flooring, facades and/or countertops
- Capacity to multitask
- Ability to work independently
- Detail Oriented
- Problem Solver
- Team Work
- Decision Making
On this job you must be able to stand for 8 hours or more a day and use a respirator for 8 hours or more a dayEmail us about this opportunity Call us about this opportunity
More about Cosentino North America / Stone Systems
Would you like to be part of a world's leading producer of building materials that inspire architectural and decorative solutions? Are you passionate about the fabrication of products that inspire the life of many people?
At Cosentino (www.cosentino.com) we are looking for amazing talent like you to join our Distribution Centers located across the U.S and Canada. The Centers are an example of Cosentino’s total commitment to its clients, providing them with exclusive and high-quality service. The Centers combine the functions of (a) warehouse, (b) brand and product showroom, and (c) sales network.
Stone Systems (www.stone-systems.com) is the largest network of commonly owned stone fabrication shops in the North America, with 12 Stone Systems shops across the U.S Territory. The company is part of the Cosentino group (www.cosentino.com), a dependable and reliable stone surface manufacturer with over 70 years of experience in the natural stone industry.
You will join a company: