Tile & Terrazzo Helper
Tile Setter Helper
Position Classification: Non-Exempt Department: Operations
Supervisory Responsibility: No Reports To: Field Manager
The Tile Helper performs tasks involving physical labor at new construction or renovation work sites. This position supports skilled craft workers in an effort to teach skills through hands-on experience. This position may operate a variety of hand and power tools, clean and prepare work surfaces, carry supplies, equipment or materials, and remove waste materials.
Education – Minimum of a High School Diploma required
Experience – No Minimum experience required; General Construction experience preferred
Any combination of education and experience providing enough skills, knowledge and abilities would be acceptable.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
- Possession of a valid motor vehicle license and ability to operate motor vehicles in the course of employment.
- Must abide by company Vehicle Use Agreement and all conditions set forth in said document.
Essential Job Functions:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Performs a variety of tasks as instructed by the immediate supervisor involving strenuous manual labor in new construction or renovation projects.
- Prepares tools, equipment, materials and surfaces according to established procedures.
- Follows all safety protocols at all times.
- Attends company meetings as required.
- Communication Proficiency
- Customer / Client Focus
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Ethical Conduct
- Teamwork Orientation
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. May be required to travel or work out of town for extended periods. This position may require evening and weekend work.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to a variety of extreme conditions at construction job sites. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud. This position is performed in outside weather conditions.
EEO Policy Statement:
CC Owen Tile Company provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Further, the company takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed and employees are treated during employment without regard to any of these characteristics. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
I have carefully read the contents of this job description. I understand the responsibilities, requirements and duties expected of me. I also understand that this position description does not constitute a contract of employment nor does it alter my status as an At-Will employee. I have the right to terminate my employment at any time, for any reason, and the company also has this right.
Employee Signature Date
Employee Printed NameEmail us about this opportunity Call us about this opportunity
More about C. C. Owen Tile Company,
C. C. Owen Tile Company, Inc. is a commercial tile & terrazzo contractor that invests and cares about it's people. Check us out and become part of the team. http://ccowentile.com
C. C. Owen Tile Company, Inc. offers full benefits;
Paid time off (after 6 mo of employment)
Holiday pay (after 12 mo of employment)
Group health & dental plan (company pays a portion of employees health coverage, not 100%)
Life insurance policy (100% paid at time of employment)
Disability insurance policy (100% paid at time of employment)
Individual retirement account contribution (company will match up to 3% of total wages, in other words employee puts in 3% company will put in 3% for a total of 6% into employees retirement account)
CC Owen Tile Co., Inc. is a commercial hard tile & terrazzo contractor that has been completing projects for over 60 years. We are registered to do business within the 9ea Southeaster US states.